Monday, September 15, 2008

I have absolutely no sense of spatial orientation. Complementary to that I also have a very bad memory, so much so that on the off-chance an outstanding landmark catches my eye, I soon forget it exists.

And so on Saturday, despite having woken up at 7a.m., travelled for an hour and a half, and skipped my breakfast in favour of being punctual, I never made it to class.

After 2 semesters of school I actually got lost.

Stairways didn't appear to lead anywhere helpful; people sent me in the wrong directions, else they didn't know where the classroom was either; my classmates didn't answer my phone calls or messages; computer labs were not accessible for me to email the teacher's aide for help.

Eventually, after a hour of wandering around and getting increasingly frustrated, I gave up and left.

Really, I've never been more convinced of my lack of a sense of direction than I am now.

No comments: