Friday, January 02, 2009

Amazingly enough, I was "scouted" for a job upon graduation. (The word scouted is in quotation marks because it isn't a formal, contractual offer, and because my reply in retrospect may have been too non-commital for anything to materialise.)

You have to understand why I consider this amazing:

1. I hardly, if ever, spoke up in class.
2. When I do, I don't think I'm particularly eloquent, nor do I think I raise thought-provoking points.
3. I did not complete my exam.
4. Was usually late for lessons.

In fact, I initially thought that the offer was made to everyone in class, and it was only when I messaged a few friends that I realised otherwise.

All in all I'm quite flattered, but more than that bewildered. I simply don't understand why -- and don't mistake that for a low self-esteem, because that's one thing I don't suffer from.

Like I said though my reply was in retrospect a little too ambiguous, and every day that I don't receive a response makes me wonder if the opportunity went by as abruptly as it had come. Meh, what's done is done; nevertheless it remains as one of the cooler and more unexpected things that has ever happened so far in uni.

---

Song of the day: Field of Gold by Eva Cassidy

1 comment:

ginji-kun said...

ooh what kinda job is it?