Friday, July 11, 2008

"When I die, I don't want a Chinese funeral," I said firmly.

"Yea," The Boyfriend agreed. "I think funerals should celebrate a person's life -- everybody should be happy, and there should be testimonials and stories."

"Um, no," I clarified hurriedly. "I mean, I don't want a Chinese funeral, but everyone has to be sad."

Completely out of sync, and rather apathetically I thought, The Boyfriend asked, "Why?"

"Well duh, because I died; I'm not there?" I spelled out slowly.

"Then like that everyone in the world except you should be sad now, because you're not with them."

So, you heard the man -- be depressed now because I'm not by your side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funerals should be happy, or at worst, apathetic. I mean, isn't there 'fun' in 'funeral' and 'laughter' in 'slaughter'?

Sarah said...

army has hardened you, my friend.