Monday, June 15, 2015

Myeongdong Love Story


I had gone barely five steps from the shelter of the underpass, hands shielding my face from the drizzle, when suddenly the rain stopped.

I looked up to see a man holding an umbrella over my head. "Hello," he said. "I'll walk you across the street."

He turned out to be an artist - not the misunderstood kind who suffer for their art - in fact he had a rather sensible day job at one of the top universities in Korea. But in his off-time he was an aspiring poet, and over a steaming mug of green tea latte he bought me, he scrolled through blog posts of fluid Korean that described the beauties of his country.

When we were done with our drinks, he shook my hand goodbye. "Meeting you was like a scene out of a movie," he said as I looked back over my shoulder. "I hope we meet again someday."

-

Hi! Sarah
I was fantastic to see you.
Your eyes was shining and I was happy to talk to you.
It was romantic to meet you.
I wish you had much joy to travel to Wooreung island.
I had much joy for you to read my article. If you give me some change to guide you I would be happy.
Bye until to see you again.

No comments: